Smith Mainline MIPS Helmet
There's so much to unpack with Smith's new Mainline MIPS Helmet. What did riders ask for? A full helmet. So the top priority of the Mainline MIPS helmet is protection. Large thermoformed Koroyd® panels wrap top of the head while additional panels span the back of the helmet providing premium protection and maximum breathability. But all the protection in the world isn't useful if the helmet isn't wearable, so the Mainline includes three sets of uniquely sized cheekpads, two sets of uniquely sized crown liners, and two unique neck rolls to ensure a custom and proper fit, with all the components easily removable for cleaning. A true D-ring chin strap secures this so you can ride any terrain with confidence. What else do we look for in a helmet? How about maximized breathability. The Mainline provides exceptional breathability through internal air channels and open exhaust ports to efficiently move over the head and through the helmet to keep you cool, while vents in the chin bar have intentionally been left open so as not to obstruct your breathing. Designed to integrate with the Squad MTB and Squad XL MTB goggles the face port is large enough to hold the XL frame and the strap will sit perfectly around the back of the helmet in the intended channel, while the AirEvac™ system you're familiar with from Smith's winter helmets relieves hot air that builds up on your goggles by channeling air back into the helmet and out of the exhaust ports to minimize fogging. A helmet for riders who want it all: protection, fit, and ventilation, in one customizable, perfectly fit, helmet.
- Aerocore™ construction featuring complete Koroyd® coverage for lightweight, energy-absorbing and ventilated impact protection
- MIPS® Brain Protection System reduces rotational forces caused by angled impacts to the head
- Designed for ultimate integration with Smith performance goggles for maximum comfort, venting and storage convenience
- AirEvac™ ventilation system integrates with Smith goggles for fog-free lenses
- Three washable cheek pad kits, two crown liners and two neck rolls let you fine tune the fit
- D-ring chin strap fastener for a snug fit
- 21 fixed vents for consistent airflow
- Adjustable visor
- Hybrid X-STATIC® / XT2® anti-bacterial performance lining for odor resistance
- MIPS Brain Protection System (BPS) ) is found inside the helmet between the comfort padding and the EPS (a high-quality foam used to reduce energy).
- Koroyd® for superior impact absorption through crumple-zone cylinders that crush uniformly on impact. Koroyd® manages energy more efficiently with less volume than any other protection material on the market. Unlike traditional protection materials, Koroyd® cylinders absorb and convert more kinetic energy, while increasing airflow and reducing overall weight.
- CPSC CE EN 1078 and ASTM F1952 downhill certified
- Weight (Size M, MIPS®): 27 oz / 770 g